22 September 2006

Pots and Pans

I haven't mentioned the pots and pans in my recipes so far but I feel I should add a post on that now.

All except two of my pots and pans are non-stick. The two that aren't are my old fashioned pressure cooker and a little pot I bought from Tschibo when I lived in Germany. Everything else is non-stick and surprisingly has survived over a year of washing in a dishwasher.

The non-stick coating is so much easier to clean, should you need to do it manually and I have up until last year when we got the dishwasher. But mainly, you don't need to use as much fat in your cooking and that's so important for everyone in this age of obesity.

I'm thinking of expanding my collection of pots and pans and have had my eye on the German SKK series for a while, they have been recommended to me by several friends, but they are not dish washer safe and are very expensive, so I'm thinking buy cheap, buy twice, so I can put them in the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has indeed been a change in our lives - the little time there's left between dinner and bedtime we can spend together, rather than doing dishes, since we both work during the week. It's nice to have a sitdown with a cup of tea.

No comments: