8 pear halves, either canned or very ripe fresh ones
50 g almond flakes
50 g butter
0.75 dl sugar
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp double cream
- If you are using fresh fruit, peel it and scoop out the pips. If using canned pears, let the liquid run off well.
- Place the pear halves into an oven safe dish, flat side down.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with a tick bottom.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. This is the Tosca mixture.
- Pour the Tosca mixture over the pears.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 225 degrees C, or gas mark 7 (actually 7.5)
- Serve when the dessert is lukewarm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream