14 September 2006

My Müsli

I came up with this recipe a few years ago, when Lundulph decided there's too much sugar in the stuff you get in the shops. My Mum used to mix her own müsli many years ago, but living in health-obsessed Sweden, they sell unsweetened müsli in the shops these days, so there's no need to mix your own.

I don't really like imperial measures, but my Pyrex pint/half litre measure is excellent for this.

1 pi puffed rice
1 pi corn flakes
1 pi high fibre bran
1.5 pi Scottish porrige oats
130 g sultanas
200 g dried, diced apricots
150 g dried cherries
100 g sunflower seeds
75 g sesame seeds
5 - 6 dried figs, chopped
100 g chopped pecans
100 g chopped walnuts


I have a plastic 5 litre box with a close fitting lid, where I mix all these ingredients, close the lid and shake vigorously until they are mixed. It helps if the box is transparent in this case.

This lasts for 2 weeks for two people. No sugar, but ever so tasty.

No comments: