30 September 2007

Nibbles

I had some puff pastry left over and thought I'd use it up before it went out of date. I cut up some of it into strips, about 20 cm long and 2 cm wide, then twisted each strip and placed on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. I baked at gas mark 7 until the twirls were golden in colour.



I saved one part of the puff pastry, put some grated cheese in it, folded two of the edges into the middle, then folded along the middle again. I sliced this flat roll into 1 cm wide pieces and placed lying down onto another baking sheet with baking paper.



Both these were very tasty and I recommend they are served fresh before they've had a chance to cool down completely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I normally do with leftover pastry too :)

The second picture reminds me of the palmiers we used to make at school, must find a recipe for those.