3 tbsp grape seed oil
1 large onion
6 dl cabbage stock
6 dl water
1 tsp vegeta spice mixture
5 medium sized potatoes
2 large carrots
1 yellow pepper
10 okra fingers
2 tbsp dried savory
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick saucepan.
- Peel and dice the onion and fry in the oil until translucent.
- Add the cabbage stock, water and vegeta and bring to the boil on medium-low heat.
- Wash and if needed peel the potatoes, then cut into strips and add to the soup.
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut in strips and add to the soup.
- Wash the pepper and remove the seeds, wash the okra and remove the stalks.
- Cut the pepper into strips and the okra into small chunks and add to the soup
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes
Lundulph had a couple of pork sausages left over from a grilling spree and I put them in as well, to heat them through. This turned out rather tasty. Very quick as well, I used my alligator chopper for the onion, potatoes and carrots, brilliant if you want everything in julienne strips. I think some tomato might have been nice as well, but I couldn't be bothered.