17 December 2006

A New Stir Fry

As I mentioned, I'm in between jobs at the moment. One of the leaving gifts (and I got surprisingly many, that was nice) was a cook book.

So last I tried one out. Had to change it a bit, because I couldn't find all the ingredients, but it was rather tasty, so I'm adding my version here.

Pork and Noodle Pan Fry



Ingredients

4 tbsp grape seed oil
350 g broccoli, cut into small florets
300 g fresh thick egg noodles
7 - 8 spring onions
450 g pork medallions
100 g shiitake mushrooms
200 g Cantonese chow mein sauce
250 g bean sprouts
2 handfuls roasted and salted cashew nuts

Method
  1. Wash the broccoli, brush off any dirt from the mushrooms and cut if they are too large.
  2. Wash and cut the onions into 5 cm strips.
  3. Cut the pork into thin strips.
  4. Heat up the oil, add the broccoli and stir for a couple of minutes, until it softens a little.
  5. Add the pork strips and stir fry for another couple of minutes.
  6. Add the noodles and the sauce and stir them in.
  7. Add the mushrooms and onions, still stirring all the time.
  8. When the mushrooms have softened a bit, add the bean sprouts and cashew nuts.
  9. Ready.
The original sauce was supposed to be sweet and spicy, but I couldn't find that and so used the chow mein. But the amount was the same and I think too little, at least two jars are needed, possibly three. Also I forgot to add some crushed chillies to give it a bit of a kick.

But on the whole it was tasty, fresh and quick to make.

No comments: