butter or margarine
2 dl grapeseed oil
2 dl caster sugar
2 dl Greek yogurt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
4 dl plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp vanilla essence
raisins and/or nuts (optional)
- Butter a cake tin, then pour some dessicated coconut and shake it around to get it well covered. Remove excess coconut.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C or gas mark 3.
- Mix the oil and sugar (and vanilla, if using a liquid variety).
- Separately, mix the flour, cocoa and vanilla (if using a dry variety).
- Now you need to work fast. Add the soda to the yogurt, it'll start expanding fairly fast, so stir it into the oil and sugar mixture.
- Then slowly add the dry ingredient mix and whisk until smooth.
- Add raisins and/or nuts.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 30-40 minutes. Test with e. g. a bamboo skewer, it's ready when the skewer comes out clean.