I'm not too happy with the result of the decoration, but it'll have to do.
Merry Christmas to all!
Also I did a salmon pie.
400 g smoked salmon
2 packets puff pastry
4 - 5 leeks
400 g spinach leaves
20 g butter
2 tbsp grape seed oil
400 ml creme fraiche
fresh mint, fresh thyme, fresh dill and black pepper
- Cut the leeks in 2 cm chunks.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a large casserole dish.
- Add the leek and fry it until it softens, then add the spinach and stir until it wilts.
- Add the herbs and take off the heat. Leave to cool.
- Stir in the creme fraiche.
- Lay out one of the puff pastry sheets on a baking tin. Layer the salmon on top of it, leaving 1 - 2 cm free along the edges. Spread the spinach mixture on top.
- Cover with the second puff pastry sheet and press in the edges. Make holes to allow steam out.
- Bake in the oven at 220 degrees C or gas mark 7 until the top puff pastry has puffed up and gone golden brown.