1 packet of dried chanterelles (about a handful)
3 dl brown rice
3 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 small onions
½ can of sweet corn (300 g can)
1 can of whole button mushrooms (400 g)
3 handfulls of frozen garden peas
1 knob of butter (about a heaped tbsp)
- Wash the dried chanterelles in warm water. Boil up enough to cover them and leave to soak for about 30 minutes.
- I use easy cook brown rice which takes 30 minutes. So in the mean time, I put the rice to boil.
- Peel and dice the onions, drain the sweet corn and button mushrooms. Quarter the mushrooms.
- Once the chanterelles are done soaking, cut into smaller pieces if they are large.
- Heat up the grapeseed oil and fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and chantrelles and leave to fry for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add the sweet corn and the peas and fry for another 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Add the butter, salt and dill. Stir until the butter is fully melted. Remember to add a bit more salt than seems enough, as the rice will dilute the flavour.
- Drain the rice, then add the fried vegetables and stir to mix evenly.
Anyway, it was very tasty indeed. Lundulph also added black pepper, but I think it was nice with just salt and dill.