Well, in the Sainsbury's lottery in February, I won a free packet of sweet potatoes. I've never cooked these and only had them once in a quiche together with regular potatoes, which was very nice, so I've been thinking of trying them out for a while.
Also the trend I started with making large amounts of soup to take for lunch are really good and I fancied potato soup for next week.
5 small onions
1 dl vegetable oil
900 g sweet potatoes
900 g potatoes
4 large carrots
1.8 l boiling water
3 tbsp chopped mint leaves
3 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp Vegeta
- Peel and dice the onions, sweet potatoes, potatoes and carrots.
- Heat up the oil and fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the vegetables and stir in well, so they get coated in oil.
- Add the boiling water, then add all the herbs.
- Leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes under cover until the roots are soft.
Also it's surprisingly filling.
A hot tip from Simon: add the sweet potato later so it keeps it's crunchiness. Next time I'll try adding it after 15 minutes of the cooking time.