300 g minced meat
1 egg white
salt, pepper (finely ground!)
plain flour for rolling
1 medium sized onion
1 - 2 carrots
1 segment stem celery
4 tbsp oil
1 l water
3 - 4 potatoes or
2 - 3 tbsp pudding rice or
1 dl noodles
salt, pepper, fresh chopped parsley
- Peel and finely dice the vegetables. If you are using potatoes, please keep them separate.
- Blend the minced meat with the egg white, salt and pepper. Then take a grease proof sheet of paper and cover well with plain flour. Now make small balls (small enough for a child to eat in one bite) and place on the floured paper. When all the mince has been rolled , gather up the four corners of the paper and shake carefully around, so the balls get covered.
- Fry the onion, carrots and celery in the oil for a few minutes.
- Add 1 l of water, and bring to the boil. If you can boil it in a kettle beforehand and add immediately, this will speed things up a bit.
- When the water boils, add the meatballs and let simmer for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Now add the fried onion and carrots and potatoes/rice and leave to simmer for another 20 or so minutes to make sure everything is cooked. If using noodles, add these after 10 - 15 minutes.
- Finally add salt, pepper and parsley, stir in well and take off the heat. Ready.
Additional to be done after the soup is off the heat.
1 egg yolk (from before)
- Whisk these together in a cup, then carefully add some of the soup into the cup, a little at a time stirring constantly. Then pour everything back into the soup dish and stir through.
1.5 dl cold water
1 tbsp plain flour
- Whisk the water and the flour together to completely dissolve it, then pour into the soup and stir in well.
Also, I had 500 g of minced meat, so I used 2 egg whites and used both yolks in the additional first variant.