500 g lamb mince
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp dried mint
1 dl breadcrumbs
300 g basmati rice
400 g can of tomatoes
500 ml beef stock
1 tbsp harissa paste
1 cinnamon stick (5 cm)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C.
- Mix together the mince with the black pepper, ginger, coriander, mint and breadcrumbs.
- Place the rice in a casserole dish.
- Crush or blend the tomatoes, then stir together with the stock and harissa paste. Break the cinnamon stick in two and stir in as well, then pour over the rice.
- Form small meatballs from the mince mixture, it should make 20 - 24, then place on top of the rice in the casserole.
- Cover the casserole and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and let cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes to brown the meatballs.
- The rice should be cooked through and the liquid should have mostly been absorbed. It's ready to serve.
On the whole this was rather nice, but a bit on the cinnamon-y side. Also the harissa I bought wasn't as spicy/hot as I would like it to be - I recommend tasting it first and adjusting the amount. Also possibly a little more salt might be a good idea.