27 March 2009

Further Baking Badness

I'm in a rut, that's what it must be.

I thought I'd do something fairly simple just to get back on my baking feet so to speak, but no, this is not to be. I guess it's just too much else going on around me that's stressing me out to the point where I can't enjoy baking.

Last night's attempt was at Swedish Moccastrass. They are basically fancy looking shortbread type of biscuits. Overall, I think the dough was correct, but it said that it needed to be piped, and although soft and pliable, piping was not on its list of things to do and I spent about half an hour trying to even bring it down to the nozzle. The butter also started melting in my hands and oozed out of the piping bag. I attempted a remedy by adding 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil, which worked for about 15 flower shaped squirts, then it oozed out of the piping bag as well. I got angry and binned the rest.

The resulting biscuits weren't too tasty, so should up the sugar next time and down the amount of flour perhaps. But to be on the safe side, I've asked my Sister to give me a cake press for my birthday.

I didn't bother taking photos, it wasn't worth it. I'll give this recipe another try at some point, when my baking mojo is back.

No comments: